Re: [CDBI] Modperl setup

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Modperl setup
Date: 01:54 on 07 Dec 2005
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 01:41:26PM -0800, Kate Yoak wrote:
> Damn - I hate it when you are right.  Unfortunately, my best guess for where
> the extra references live is a child_of relationship I wrote.  I don't use
> global variables (mama taught me better than that) - but I am also not doing
> anything by way of cleanup with child_of.  It's like has_a, only uses a
> separate field name.  So, $student->parent retrieves a Parent while
> $student->parent_id doesn't.  I love the relationship despite a long
> discussion on here points out that it probably doesn't add very much except
> stylistically.  But I just can't live with the idea of $child->parent_id
> returning anything other than an id.

You're far from the only one; DBIx::Class supports this style as well as
inflation, and Rose::DB::Object uses it by default.

I'm not firmly in either camp myself - ask me again in 6 months :)

[CDBI] Modperl setup
Kate Yoak 03:25 on 06 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] Modperl setup
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 04:07 on 06 Dec 2005

RE: [CDBI] Modperl setup
Kate Yoak 21:41 on 06 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] Modperl setup
Matt S Trout 01:54 on 07 Dec 2005