[CDBI] Re: DBI's last_insert_id and Class::DBI's _auto_increment_value

From: David Steinbrunner
Subject: [CDBI] Re: DBI's last_insert_id and Class::DBI's _auto_increment_value
Date: 21:23 on 15 Dec 2005
David Steinbrunner wrote:

> Edward J. Sabol wrote:
>
>> Here's what I would suggest: File a Class::DBI bug report at
>> http://rt.cpan.org/ and attach a patch against Class::DBI v3.0.12 that
>> changes _auto_increment_value to use DBI's last_insert_id.
>
> It has been awhile but I finally got around to submitting the bug:
>
> http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=16520

RT Ticket status set to resolved with the following comment from Tony:

Thanks, applied. New version on its way to CPAN now.

I'm assuming that last_insert_id can't return 0, so just did this as an
OR chain. I'm pretty sure that's true on MySQL, but not so sure for
other databases. If it can, then I need to put back the defined check.

--
David Steinbrunner

[CDBI] Re: DBI's last_insert_id and Class::DBI's _auto_increment_value
David Steinbrunner 21:23 on 15 Dec 2005