Re: [CDBI] How do you get the raw db value of a column rather than inflated object

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: [CDBI] How do you get the raw db value of a column rather than inflated object
Date: 18:21 on 13 Feb 2006
On 2/13/06, Bill Moseley <moseley@xxxx.xxx> wrote:

> > You can see how this is trouble when you want to edit a
> > datetime and end up with "Tues Nov. 3, 1998" in the input box.
>
> As ugly as it is, I use DateTime::Format::DateManip so that is
> basically how my date input fields look -- although I include the
> time.  "First Monday in March" is a valid input date. :)

I really think that is cool. Makes users think your app is really
smart. :)  I wanted to do that until I got around to a better way.=20
Ultimately I chose Time::Piece over Date::Manip. I think it was the
math capabilities.. I was writing a Punch Clock system. I love the
idea of it and will try your system sometime.  It looks like DateTime
is good at math.

Cheers,

--
pjs

Re: [CDBI] How do you get the raw db value of a column rather than inflated object
Peter Speltz 18:21 on 13 Feb 2006

Generated at 10:41 on 18 Feb 2006 by mariachi v0.52