Re: Apache pre-forking

From: Simon Wilcox
Subject: Re: Apache pre-forking
Date: 15:43 on 02 Aug 2004
On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Tony Bowden wrote:

> So, IIUC
>  - It's a good idea to pre-load modules in your Apache startup
>  - It's a bad idea to have database connections as part of these
>
> So how do people marry these two concepts if they're being sufficiently
> lazy to use a driver specific Class::DBI subclass that sets up the
> column info etc at compile time by accessing the database?

I think it's ok to have db connections pre-fork, as long as they are
closed before the fork takes place. IIRC, the problems occur with some
drivers when the handles are duplicated.

I could be wrong.

Simon.

Apache pre-forking
Tony Bowden 15:35 on 02 Aug 2004

Re: Apache pre-forking
Simon Wilcox 15:43 on 02 Aug 2004

Re: Apache pre-forking
Tim Bunce 21:17 on 02 Aug 2004

Re: Apache pre-forking
Stuart Johnston 16:16 on 02 Aug 2004

Re: Apache pre-forking
Perrin Harkins 17:47 on 02 Aug 2004

Re: Apache pre-forking
Tim Bunce 21:19 on 02 Aug 2004

Re: Apache pre-forking
Perrin Harkins 21:50 on 02 Aug 2004

Re: Apache pre-forking
jason scott gessner 00:06 on 03 Aug 2004

Re: Apache pre-forking
Perrin Harkins 17:33 on 03 Aug 2004