Re: pager

From: Emanuele Zeppieri
Subject: Re: pager
Date: 15:33 on 22 Oct 2004
-----Original Message-----
From: David R. Baird [mailto:dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx]=20
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 4:41 PM
To: cdbi-talk@xxxxxx.xxxxx.xxx

> [...]
> I think it should be reasonably possible to implement the more=20
> complex limit emulation methods to support Oracle, DB2, MS Access,=20
> etc but that's going to need a few more tuits.=20

To avoid any misunderstanding, I want to repeat loud and clear that your
module is excellent under any respect, and that it closes a big hole in
the DBI world (therefore I encourage you again to release it also as
something more general than a CDBI plugin - again, an SQL::Abstract
extension would be ideal IMO.)
The auto_set_syntax idea is very smart and properly implemented as well.
We just should shift the syntax selection from the drivers to the DB
servers IMO.

> I see what you mean about relying on the driver name to pick a=20
> syntax. Seems like I'll need to gather some more data, but it's an=20
> interesting problem.=20

May be the $dbh->get_info solution suggested by Cees Hek can solve the
problem.

> By the way, is search.cpan down? I haven't been able to get it for a=20
> day or so.=20
>=20

Yes, it is.

<completely_ot>

For a coincidence, just yesterday I had a very interesting meeting with
Robert Spier of perl.org here in Roma, Italy. He talked us about
perl.org activity and also mentioned something about services provided
by them to search.cpan.org, and about the fact that problems always
happen when you are away (Murphy docet.)
I wonder if this problem has something to do with Robert's Italian
vacation... :-)

</completely_ot>

Cheers,
Emanuele.

(message missing)

pager
David R. Baird 09:48 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 13:53 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 21:00 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 02:55 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 10:46 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 11:30 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 12:10 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 23:08 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Cees Hek 00:22 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Tony Bowden 08:34 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 13:51 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 14:41 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 09:20 on 22 Oct 2004

Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?
Michele Valzelli 10:55 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 12:21 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager