Re: pager

From: Emanuele Zeppieri
Subject: Re: pager
Date: 13:51 on 22 Oct 2004
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Bowden [mailto:tony-cdbitalk@xxxxx.xxx]=20
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 10:35 AM
To: cdbi-talk@xxxxxx.xxxxx.xxx

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 10:22:56AM +1000, Cees Hek wrote:
> > A system for providing a custom syntax would still be needed for
> > Databases that are not supported, but it should be able to work
> > automatically for the majority should it not.   The=20
> > 'get_info' method
> > of DBI can provide the database name?  =20
> > $dbms_name =3D $dbh->get_info( 17 );
>=20
> You can also use CDBI::Subclass->__driver.

Does this give info also about the specific DB server in use or just
about the DBI driver? In the latter case it could not be enough, because
there exist drivers which support a wide array of DB servers (DBD::ODBC,
DBD::ADO, DBD::JDBC) while we need to know the exact DB server in use,
since LIMIT/OFFSET (availability, sintax, semantic) varies from DB
server to DB server, not from driver to driver unfortunately.

UPDATE:
I've seen that the just released CDBI::Plugin::Pager by David R. Baird
opted for:

	my $driver =3D lc( $cdbi->__driver );

and that $cdbi->__driver seemingly returns just the driver name.
This could be a problem in the above mentioned case (DBD::ODBC etc.) I'm
afraid...
Am I wrong?

Cheers,
Emanuele Zeppieri.

(message missing)

pager
David R. Baird 09:48 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 13:53 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 21:00 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 02:55 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 10:46 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 11:30 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 12:10 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 23:08 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Cees Hek 00:22 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Tony Bowden 08:34 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 13:51 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 14:41 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 09:20 on 22 Oct 2004

Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?
Michele Valzelli 10:55 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 12:21 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager