Re: Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?

From: David R. Baird
Subject: Re: Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?
Date: 11:23 on 22 Oct 2004
On 22 Oct 2004 at 12:55, Michele Valzelli wrote:

> [ ... ]
> But if I reload the page causing this error everything works fine.
> I suspect that this happens when the request gets on a new apache process,
> and that I don't load the module MyClass::Foo properly, but I thought that
> the call to has_a in MyClass::Bar automatically loaded MyClass::Foo.
>
> Are my suspects correct? Is there a place, using mod_perl, where I should
> load all my Class::DBI modules to prevent this? Or is it something
> completely different that I'm missing?

If you are using a handler.pl script to configure Mason, you can load
the modules there. Otherwise, standard practise with mod_perl is to
load a startup.pl script in httpd.conf, and load all your modules in
there. You can also load modules directly in httpd.conf

To load a startup script:

# same as require
PerlRequire conf/startup.pl

To load an individual module

# same as use
PerlModule MyClass::Bar

That should at least confirm or not your current suspicions.

d.

        --
        Dr. David R. Baird
Riverside Content Management Systems

(message missing)

pager
David R. Baird 09:48 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 13:53 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 21:00 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 02:55 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 10:46 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 11:30 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 12:10 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 23:08 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Cees Hek 00:22 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Tony Bowden 08:34 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 13:51 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 14:41 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 09:20 on 22 Oct 2004

Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?
Michele Valzelli 10:55 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?
David R. Baird 11:23 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 12:21 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager