Re: Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?

From: Michele Valzelli
Subject: Re: Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?
Date: 17:01 on 28 Oct 2004
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > Is there a place, using mod_perl, where I should
> > load all my Class::DBI modules to prevent this?
>
> You should preload them, but not for this reason.

That's what I'va been trying to do in the last days, but I'v encountered
some problems. After searching in the list archives, I found this thread

http://groups.kasei.com/mail/arc/cdbi-talk/2004-08/msg00007.html

that explains what my problem is: I'm using set_up_table and trying ti
preload my modules in a startup.pl script. I didn't find an answer to the
question, though. I think that adding this line

MyBaseClass->dbMain->disconnect;

at the end of my startup.pl script, should ensure that the connection to
the db is closed before forkig. Is it right?

Then there is another issue that i suspect might cause me problems if I
preload my modules: in my base class, just after the set_db i do a:

__PACKAGE__->db_Main->do("ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'YYYY-MM-DD\"T\"HH24:MI:SS'");

I'm not sure this line will get executed every time apache connects to the
database if the module is already loaded into memory. So where should I
put this line to ensure ti gets called for every db connection?

Thank you.

        --
        Michele Valzelli - Messagenet srl
Messaggistica e Telecomunicazioni

(message missing)

pager
David R. Baird 09:48 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 13:53 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 21:00 on 20 Oct 2004

Re: pager
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 02:55 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 10:46 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 11:30 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 12:10 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 23:08 on 21 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Cees Hek 00:22 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Tony Bowden 08:34 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 13:51 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 14:41 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 09:20 on 22 Oct 2004

Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?
Michele Valzelli 10:55 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 12:21 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 12:52 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 15:33 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 16:09 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: pager
David R. Baird 23:30 on 07 Nov 2004

RE: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 03:50 on 14 Nov 2004

Re: pager
Emanuele Zeppieri 13:25 on 22 Oct 2004

Re: Class::DBI modules not properly loaded under mod_perl ?
Michele Valzelli 17:01 on 28 Oct 2004