Re: autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys

From: merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject: Re: autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys
Date: 15:46 on 13 Dec 2004
>>>>> "Tony" == Tony Bowden <tony-cdbitalk@xxxxx.xxx> writes:

Tony> On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 07:30:26AM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>> I'm not sure why nobody has coded this yet (that I could see),
>> but I had to solve a problem over the last few days, and like
>> most problems I solve, I also wrote a column about it.

Tony> Are you planning to release any of this to CPAN?

I would like to, but I'm not quite sure how much of it needs to be
pluggable, or whether any part of it will work on anything other than
postgresql.

If someone else wants to solve those problems, feel free.  In fact,
ideally, it belongs as part of Class::DBI::Loader, because it's about
automatically probing the database for interesting things to set up
for CDBI.  Or perhaps as a separate module of
Class::DBI::Loader::Relationship.  Oh darn, that's the module name
that didn't work for me.  Well, then Class::DBI::Loader::AutoRelationship
or something.

<merlyn@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 15:30 on 13 Dec 2004

Re: autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 15:46 on 13 Dec 2004

Re: autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 15:55 on 13 Dec 2004

Re: autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys
Sebastian Riedel 21:04 on 14 Dec 2004

Re: autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 21:09 on 14 Dec 2004

Re: autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys
Sebastian Riedel 21:22 on 14 Dec 2004

Re: autogenerating has_a and has_many from foreign keys
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 16:01 on 13 Dec 2004

Generated at 11:30 on 23 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52