Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Date: 15:57 on 27 Dec 2004
On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 04:54:49PM +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> That was only one problem.
> There was a whole set of other cases where the behavor was strange.
> I am attaching my test script (see the comments as well)
> Looking at the new test script you put in the distro now I understand
> that I might have misunderstood the API.

This was never the API of the module. It was just a simple helper
function in the test script.

> It seems to be strange that sometimes you call ->execute manually
> and sometimes you leave it to the module to do it. This can cause
> someone to accidently call execute twice and you don't even get
> a warning from DBIx::ContextualFetch.

There are two types of extra methods added to $sth - there are the
context sensitive versions of all the normal fetch methods. These, like
their normal DBI counterparts, require you to call execute() first.

The helper function was written with these in mind.

Then there are the (undocumented) select_row / select_col / select_val
methods. These let you do everything in one command, and don't require
execute() first.

The tests for these proceeded to use the pre-executed helper function,
when they shouldn't have.

This has all now been tidied up.

If you believe there's still a problem here, please put together a new
test script that uses the helper function that's currently in the test.

Thanks,

Tony

(message missing)

DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Gabor Szabo 10:37 on 27 Dec 2004

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Tony Bowden 11:07 on 27 Dec 2004

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Gabor Szabo 11:31 on 27 Dec 2004

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Gabor Szabo 13:50 on 27 Dec 2004

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Tony Bowden 14:25 on 27 Dec 2004

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Gabor Szabo 14:39 on 27 Dec 2004

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Tony Bowden 14:42 on 27 Dec 2004

MySQL fulltext search
13:53 on 28 Dec 2004

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Gabor Szabo 14:54 on 27 Dec 2004

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch trouble
Tony Bowden 15:57 on 27 Dec 2004

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52