Re: Temp column not in "changing" hash in a constraint

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: Temp column not in "changing" hash in a constraint
Date: 14:28 on 02 Feb 2005
On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 05:29:52AM -0800, Peter Speltz wrote:
> AFter fixing that, the recipe works fine with create. TEMP columns show up in
> changing hash. They still don't show up when calling create_from_cgi. Any ideas why?

I would assume (now that I've refreshed my memory on all this), that
you aren't telling CDBI::FromCGI which columns you wish it to operate
on.

You can give it a list of columns to ignore, columns which MUST be
filled, and/or a list or all columns in which you're interested.

The latter defaults to $class->all_columns, which (mostly for backwards
compatability reasons) doesn't include TEMP columns.

I think that all you need to do is add your TEMP column to the
'all' or 'required' (depends on whether or not it's optional) list when
calling create_from_cgi

Tony

Re: Temp column not in "changing" hash in a constraint
Tony Bowden 14:28 on 02 Feb 2005

Generated at 16:58 on 18 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52