Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch - Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry

From: Simon Wistow
Subject: Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch - Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry
Date: 16:10 on 03 Feb 2005
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 02:20:36PM +0000, Simon Wistow said:
> I've started seeing this in some of my code which I'm pretty sure I
> haven't seen before.
>
> Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
> /usr/local/perl580/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/ContextualFetch.pm line 51.

Right, I think I've found the problem.

The two classes that were having the problem were doing something like

	$class->find_or_create( {
                 foo => $something, bar => $something_else,
            });

where neither foo nor bar are the primary key which is an AUTO INCREMENT
integer.

Changing the class to have multiple primary keys stopped the wanrings
(but had issues elsewhere). An easier solution was changing to SQLite2.

Just thought I'd let other people know.

Simon

(message missing)

Re: DBIx::ContextualFetch - Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry
Simon Wistow 16:10 on 03 Feb 2005

Generated at 11:20 on 20 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52