Re: Class::DBI and caching

From: Andy Grundman
Subject: Re: Class::DBI and caching
Date: 22:03 on 04 Feb 2005
Thomas Keller wrote:
> Is there any way to prevent DBI caching data (or at least trigger DBI
> to update the object without storing the discarded data which still
> reside in the object)?

It sounds like everyone writing a mod_perl Class::DBI app has run into
this problem at some point.  :)  I have the same issue, but I was
assured it's not a bug in C::DBI but rather one in my code, and that is
very likely true.  I haven't been able to track it down yet, so I'm
using the line below to globally disable the object caching in C::DBI.
Whatever bug is in my code, it doesn't seem to cause any problems with
anything other than this issue in C::DBI.

This line is in my top-most Class::DBI subclass:

$Class::DBI::Weaken_Is_Available = 0;

-Andy

Class::DBI and caching
Thomas Keller 15:36 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
Perrin Harkins 16:20 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
Michael Graham 19:09 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
Andy Grundman 22:03 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
Perrin Harkins 22:15 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
William McKee 15:09 on 07 Feb 2005

Generated at 21:37 on 09 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52