Re: Class::DBI and caching

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: Class::DBI and caching
Date: 15:09 on 07 Feb 2005
On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 05:15:46PM -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> A number of people have, which is why I've been recommending that we
> make this feature off by default in the next release.

Fortunately, I seem to recall that Tony disagrees with this :).

> It's pretty easy to have scoping bugs in perl, as it turns out.  Don't
> take it personally.

Yes, it is simple to do which is why I added a section to the wiki about
this problem[1]. However, I think of CDBI as the canary in the mine
which can alert you to larger problems looming if you don't address
these scoping problems.

William

[1] http://www.class-dbi.com/cgi-bin/wiki/index.cgi?CommonProblems
(fourth item in the list)

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Class::DBI and caching
Thomas Keller 15:36 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
Perrin Harkins 16:20 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
Michael Graham 19:09 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
Andy Grundman 22:03 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
Perrin Harkins 22:15 on 04 Feb 2005

Re: Class::DBI and caching
William McKee 15:09 on 07 Feb 2005

Generated at 21:37 on 09 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52