Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
Date: 18:32 on 15 Feb 2005
On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 18:35 +0200, karjala_lists@xxxxxxx.xxx wrote:
> I tried both solutions extensively.

Take it easy, it sounds like you're flailing.  You should know whether
or not you're using InnoDB tables.  The tips about isolation level only
apply if you are.

> For #1, I did all the following all at once:
> - removed "use Apache::DBI" from httpd.conf

I don't think anyone has suggested not using Apache::DBI.

> For #2,
> - I wrote $Class::DBI::Weaken_Is_Available = 0; at the top declaration,
> which would globally disable the object index. I tried writing both
> before and after the Class::DBI->connection line.

If clear_object_index() works for you, this should work too.  You can
put this setting in your httpd.conf or startup.pl right after you load
the first thing that uses Class::DBI.

> - I did the other two suggestions in the "CommonProblems" page.

Those are for totally different issues than the one you've been having.

> When I removed $object (the object I'm updating) from Mason's
> "MasonAllowGlobals" array, the problem was solved (yet the code in the
> pages becomes quite messy if I don't use Mason Globals).

I would certainly advise you not to lean on globals.  They can lead to
all kinds of scoping problems under mod_perl, and make code hard to
maintain.  However, disabling the object index should fix your issue.

- Perrin

Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
karjala_lists 07:27 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
karjala_lists 07:37 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
Perrin Harkins 14:38 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
karjala_lists 16:35 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
Perrin Harkins 18:32 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
karjala_lists 07:14 on 16 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
Perrin Harkins 13:36 on 16 Feb 2005

Generated at 11:20 on 20 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52