Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)

From: karjala_lists
Subject: Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
Date: 16:35 on 15 Feb 2005
I tried both solutions extensively.

For #1, I did all the following all at once:
- removed "use Apache::DBI" from httpd.conf
- substituted Class::DBI->set_db with ->connection(...)
- wrote my own Class::DBI db_Main routine: { return DBI->connect(...); }
- added "transaction-isolation = READ-COMMITTED" on the global my.cnf
file, section [mysqld]

For #2,
- I wrote $Class::DBI::Weaken_Is_Available = 0; at the top declaration,
which would globally disable the object index. I tried writing both
before and after the Class::DBI->connection line.
- I did the other two suggestions in the "CommonProblems" page.

I did all of these together. When I restarted Apache the same
problematic behaviour occurred.

When I removed $object (the object I'm updating) from Mason's
"MasonAllowGlobals" array, the problem was solved (yet the code in the
pages becomes quite messy if I don't use Mason Globals).

While running CDBI 0.95, Mason 1.21 and mod_perl 1.26 I didn't have this
problem. But now (0.96, 1.26 1.29) I do.

Where to start...

Perrin Harkins wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 09:27 +0200, karjala_lists@xxxxxxx.xxx wrote:
>

>>When I go back to the first page to view the object, I get the old
>>values sometimes. I hit reload, and sometimes the old values show up,
>>sometimes the new ones. After a while I get only the new values.
>>

>Are you using InnoDB tables?  If so, see this:
>http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/databases.html#Transactions_Not_Committed_with_MySQL_InnoDB_Tables
>
>If not, you probably have a scoping problem.  See the issue discussed
>here about not seeing changes:
>http://www.class-dbi.com/cgi-bin/wiki/index.cgi?CommonProblems
>
>- Perrin

Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
karjala_lists 07:27 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
karjala_lists 07:37 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
Perrin Harkins 14:38 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
karjala_lists 16:35 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
Perrin Harkins 18:32 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
karjala_lists 07:14 on 16 Feb 2005

Re: Apache not behaving nicely with cdbi (#2)
Perrin Harkins 13:36 on 16 Feb 2005

Generated at 11:20 on 20 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52