Re: Database character sets

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Database character sets
Date: 17:38 on 22 Feb 2005
On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 15:18 +0000, Tom Insam wrote:
> I'd like to use Class::DBI and a database to store character sequences,
> as opposed to bytes, specifically I'd like things in the database to be
> encoded as utf-8 byte sequences everywhere. Although mysql4.1, which is
> my current development target, claims to support character sets on
> tables, it doesn't look like DBD::mysql knows how to deal with this.
> Anyway, it may be that we're moving DB servers, and I don't want to
> have to require that the new server knows about them.
>
> Is this a solved problem yet? I'm hoping that it _must_ be, but I can't
> find anything in the archives of this list or the wiki about it.

It sounds like you should be checking the dbi-users archives instead.
This doesn't sound like it has much to do with Class::DBI.

- Perrin

Database character sets
Tom Insam 15:18 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Perrin Harkins 17:38 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 18:05 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Drew Wilson 18:23 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 19:09 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Dan Sully 18:04 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 19:11 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Dan Sully 19:15 on 22 Feb 2005

Generated at 00:32 on 04 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52