Re: Database character sets

From: Dan Sully
Subject: Re: Database character sets
Date: 19:15 on 22 Feb 2005
* Tom Insam shaped the electrons to say...

>uh.. This is horribly dangerous, and will lead to things like segfaults
>if the stuff in the database _isn't_ utf8. Using Encode::decode_utf()
>would be much safer, though slower.
>
>Any pointers for hooking DB writes?

Well, I verify all my data to utf-8 on the way in, so I'm not really concerned about it.

If someone has a better way to do it, I'm all ears. My current concerns are
with SQLite and MySQL. Though it's good to know that Pg does the right thing.

-D
        --
        <Nigel> Please refrain from fearing the reaper.

Database character sets
Tom Insam 15:18 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Perrin Harkins 17:38 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 18:05 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Drew Wilson 18:23 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 19:09 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Dan Sully 18:04 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 19:11 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Dan Sully 19:15 on 22 Feb 2005

Generated at 00:32 on 04 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52