Re: Database character sets

From: Tom Insam
Subject: Re: Database character sets
Date: 18:05 on 22 Feb 2005

>> Is this a solved problem yet? I'm hoping that it _must_ be, but I
>> can't
>> find anything in the archives of this list or the wiki about it.
>
> It sounds like you should be checking the dbi-users archives instead.
> This doesn't sound like it has much to do with Class::DBI.

Yah, except that as far as I can tell, DBI doesn't do the right thing
with utf-8 either, and in the places I can find discussion, they all
just punt to the DBD::* drivers, which is unhelpful from my point of
view - I'd like to just put utf-8 strings into objects and have them
stored.

Suppose that I wished to hook Class::DBI just above the database so
that I can run encode/decode immediately after I get results from the
database, and immediately before inserting. The perldoc page doesn't
suggest a good place I can stick code - any pointers?

tom

Database character sets
Tom Insam 15:18 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Perrin Harkins 17:38 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 18:05 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Drew Wilson 18:23 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 19:09 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Dan Sully 18:04 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Tom Insam 19:11 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Database character sets
Dan Sully 19:15 on 22 Feb 2005

Generated at 00:32 on 04 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52