Re: Hairy problem with has_a and has_many

From: Joss Shaw
Subject: Re: Hairy problem with has_a and has_many
Date: 16:24 on 22 Feb 2005
> Also, CDBI does not work well with primary keys that
> are inflated
> using has_a.  You are probably better off creating a
> single column
> primary key (using a sequence) for this table and
> allow CDBI to use
> that instead.  Then you can keep the has_a
> relationships as they are.

This is exactly the problem I'm having - because if
you're trying to fit CDBI over an existing schema, it
starts to break down. There must be some little hack
to overcome this problem ?  WHat about defining
accessors specifically ?

>joss

Hairy problem with has_a and has_many
JJ Merelo 16:00 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Hairy problem with has_a and has_many
Cees Hek 16:22 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Hairy problem with has_a and has_many
Joss Shaw 16:24 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Hairy problem with has_a and has_many
JJ Merelo 16:50 on 22 Feb 2005

And now with ContextualFetch
JJ Merelo 16:55 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: And now with ContextualFetch
Perrin Harkins 18:15 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: And now with ContextualFetch
JJ Merelo 18:25 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: Hairy problem with has_a and has_many
Perrin Harkins 18:17 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: And now with ContextualFetch
Perrin Harkins 18:41 on 22 Feb 2005

Re: And now with ContextualFetch
JJ Merelo 18:56 on 22 Feb 2005

RE: Hairy problem with has_a and has_many
Zhuang Li 20:03 on 23 Feb 2005

RE: Hairy problem with has_a and has_many
Zhuang Li 20:12 on 23 Feb 2005

Generated at 22:43 on 24 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52