Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application

From: Jim Mozley
Subject: Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Date: 14:59 on 17 Mar 2005
Michael Peters wrote:

> Jim Mozley wrote:
>> One other email I've come across also asked if the poster was using
>> InnoDB tables. I am and wondered if there was a particular issue with
>> these?
>

> It could be. By default MySQL with InnoDB has a slighly non-intuitive
> transaction isolation level, 'REPEATABLE-READ'. It means that other
> processes cannot seen data, even committed data, until they themselves
> perform a commit.
>
> I normally use 'READ-COMMITED' which means that as soon as one process
> commits the change, any other can see it.

I will look into setting this. InnoDB seemed a better way to go for the
introduction of foreign key constraints and transactions, although I'm
not using any of this at present.

> I saw your update() call but
> did not see where you committed, so this may or may not help.

I thought the default was auto-commit (seems to be in the docs) and I
haven't changed this. I'm not doing an explicit commit anywhere, but I
know that changes do update the DB.

Regards,

Jim Mozley

Object caching in a mod_perl application
Jim Mozley 10:21 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Jim Mozley 11:29 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Kingsley Kerce 13:50 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Jim Mozley 15:02 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Michael Peters 14:13 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Jim Mozley 14:59 on 17 Mar 2005

Generated at 15:09 on 27 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52