Object caching in a mod_perl application

From: Jim Mozley
Subject: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Date: 10:21 on 17 Mar 2005
I am seeing a symptom that I have seen discussed on this list and would
like some help tracking down the cause.

I am using apache, mod_perl and mason with CDBI 0.96.

What the application is doing is taking an input from a html form,
updating the appropriate object and then performing a redirect:

  $obj->$column( $date );
  $obj->update;
  $m->redirect( $redirect );

The redirect typically goes to a page displaying the data in something
like a table form.

When the object is displayed it can display the data prior to the update
(although not consistently).

My understanding so far is that this may be because a particular apache
process has the CDBI data cached. I've seen from the list archives that
this shouldn't happen. A post I have seen suggests that there is a scope
problem with the code.

This is as far as I have been able to get in tracking down the cause of
the problem. The only globals I am using (set up in apache's httpd.conf)
are the database handle and one for a CDBI user object.

Are there any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or further
information I could provide to help identify the cause of this?

Apologies if this is OT for this list, but I had seen it discussed here
in the context of CDBI caching.

Thanks,

Jim Mozley

Object caching in a mod_perl application
Jim Mozley 10:21 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Jim Mozley 11:29 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Kingsley Kerce 13:50 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Jim Mozley 15:02 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Michael Peters 14:13 on 17 Mar 2005

Re: Object caching in a mod_perl application
Jim Mozley 14:59 on 17 Mar 2005

Generated at 15:09 on 27 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52