Re: Columns substitution?

From: Aaron Trevena
Subject: Re: Columns substitution?
Date: 13:19 on 28 May 2005
On 5/27/05, Tony Bowden <tony-cdbitalk@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 01:48:28PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> > Something I've been pondering - there've been a few times where people =
have
> > made interesting tweaks to Class::DBI via changing transform_sql; is it
> > worthwile breaking it out so that the transforms are "registered" with
> > Class::DBI somehow - thus giving people a plugin API for adding their
> > own mods to it without having to patch CDBI / overload the whole of
> > transform_sql?
> > If you think it'd be good, I can draft up a patch when I have a mo.
>=20
> I've thought about this a few times myself, and in general I like the
> idea. We probably need to split transform_sql up a bit more and then
> having a way to plug into it would certainly be good.

Hell yeah - it would be very useful, especially if it came with some
documentation and examples :)

There are a few places in CDBI where I have found myself wanting to
either patch or overload huge chunks because something useful is
hardcoded, having an equivilent to TEMP column group for Relationship
modules to use would be very useful. Hopefully I can look at what was
said on the list about that last time I mentioned it on monday as I
accidentally booked my ticket to work forgetting it was a bank holiday
and will be stuck in london with only my laptop and the office
broadband for company :)

A.

(message missing)

Columns substitution?
Lonely Rolling Star 23:14 on 25 May 2005

Re: Columns substitution?
Tony Bowden 07:50 on 27 May 2005

Re: Columns substitution?
Matt S Trout 12:48 on 27 May 2005

Re: Columns substitution?
Tony Bowden 12:53 on 27 May 2005

Re: Columns substitution?
Aaron Trevena 13:19 on 28 May 2005

Re: Columns substitution?
Tony Bowden 15:39 on 28 May 2005

Re: Columns substitution?
Aaron Trevena 16:45 on 28 May 2005

Re: Columns substitution?
Tony Bowden 20:47 on 28 May 2005

Generated at 20:11 on 05 Jun 2005 by mariachi v0.52