Re: [OT] CDBI Wiki

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: [OT] CDBI Wiki
Date: 20:10 on 09 Jun 2005
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:03:36PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> >Unfortunately this does indeed have the effect on stopping CDBI moving
> >forward as much as I'd like.
> Say it ain't so, joe.  I've got a fair amount of sh_t built on CDBI.

CDBI isn't going away. The current release is remarkably stable, so much
so that I've very seriously considered just applying the few tiny bug
fixes that have been sent and releasing it, as is, as 1.0, before
starting to apply any of the bigger stuff.

Enough of the innards have been tidied up that a large chunk of what
people want to do with CDBI can now be released as plugins. It's not
quite as easy as it should be to some things, but the proliferation of
Plugin modules since the last release has been very encouraging here.

My goal isn't to keep developing Class::DBI forever, adding lots of new
features with each release. My goal is to get it to a stable core of
functionality where it can stop, and have all the extras as add-ons.

The less I have to do, and the more everyone else can do, the more
everyone wins :)

Tony

(message missing)

[OT] CDBI Wiki