Re: How to approach converting to CDBI?

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: How to approach converting to CDBI?
Date: 21:49 on 04 Jul 2005
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 09:39:21PM +0100, Tony Bowden wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 07:40:03PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> > I'm hoping to separate out each of
> > the feature groups into a separate module so you can load them one at a time
>
> That would be very nice.
>
> Although some of the functionality might be, er, sweet, I've been put
> off using Sweet as it seems a little 'all or nothing' at this point,
> and also because I'm not sure how to properly use it alongside other
> subclasses, such as Class::DBI::mysql

I'm very much aware of this point; I want to get Sweet to the point where
your "you must load this" set of code is mostly just attachments points
for other things.

Sweet 0.01 was small enough that "all or nothing" was pretty much fine; the
current code is rather bigger but the feature set is also massively larger.

Given we had a fair number of people using 0.02/3 features in production
already, getting a release out so they weren't using a random snapshot of the
svn trunk became important enough we were just about willing to delay the
refactoring until afterwards.

Given the number of people who've requested it, would you mind if I posted
an announce to the list once a version that *has* been refactored is
available? I'd love to guarantee I'll get to it this week but I really need
to get some work done on BAST, and finding time to do that, refactor Sweet
*and* keep our clients happy and paying us may defeat me :)

        --
             Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk

How to approach converting to CDBI?
Brett Sanger 15:45 on 04 Jul 2005

Re: How to approach converting to CDBI?
Michael Peters 16:07 on 04 Jul 2005