Re: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ole_=D8yvind_Hove?=
Subject: Re: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?
Date: 11:27 on 28 Jul 2005
Tony Bowden wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 12:59:51PM +0200, Marcus Ramberg wrote:
>

>>I'm not sure about the reasoning behind this, but I have
>>to say, I find the following legal threats absolutely monstrous. Tony,
>>what is going on in your head?
>>

>Sebastian was told he was temporarily banned from the list.
>
>He proceeded to re-subscribe anyway.
>
>In the UK, that is indeed a criminal offence.

Thank God I don't live in the UK then, since trying to re-subscribe to a
mailinglist seems as harmless to me as knocking on someones door...

>I've invited him to comment on this, but if he does not do so, I shall
>have little option but to proceed with reporting this matter to the
>Police.
>
>I do not believe it is suitable to discuss the rationale behind this
>publically.
>
>Tony

I do hope this mailinglist remains open for all thoughts and ideas and
not censored to give an impression of a given set of ideas or thoughts
being better or worse than the other.

Re: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ole_=D8yvind_Hove?= 11:27 on 28 Jul 2005