Re: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?

From: Struan Bartlett
Subject: Re: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?
Date: 12:08 on 28 Jul 2005
Tony,

If this is indeed a private list run on a computer either owned by or
operated by yourself or for which you are responsible, then I understand
that, should you not want any particular person to have access to it, then
that may indeed be your right under UK law. I suppose you understand that
if any particular person does not like that then they are always free to
find another list to subscribe to run by somebody other than yourself.

However, if you do not believe it is suitable to discuss the rationale
behind your decision to temporarily Sebastian from this list, would you at
least explain why you don't think it is suitable to discuss the rationale
behind your decision to temporarily ban this person from this list?

Struan

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Tony Bowden wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 12:59:51PM +0200, Marcus Ramberg wrote:
> > I'm not sure about the reasoning behind this, but I have
> > to say, I find the following legal threats absolutely monstrous. Tony,
> > what is going on in your head?
>
> Sebastian was told he was temporarily banned from the list.
>
> He proceeded to re-subscribe anyway.
>
> In the UK, that is indeed a criminal offence.
>
> I've invited him to comment on this, but if he does not do so, I shall
> have little option but to proceed with reporting this matter to the
> Police.
>
> I do not believe it is suitable to discuss the rationale behind this
> publically.
>
> Tony

Re: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ole_=D8yvind_Hove?= 11:27 on 28 Jul 2005

Re: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?
Struan Bartlett 12:08 on 28 Jul 2005