RE: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?

From: Thomas Leitch
Subject: RE: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?
Date: 11:16 on 28 Jul 2005
> > I'm not sure about the reasoning behind this, but I have
> > to say, I find the following legal threats absolutely=20
> monstrous. Tony,=20
> > what is going on in your head?
>=20
> Sebastian was told he was temporarily banned from the list.
>=20
> He proceeded to re-subscribe anyway.
>=20
> In the UK, that is indeed a criminal offence.
>=20
> I've invited him to comment on this, but if he does not do=20
> so, I shall have little option but to proceed with reporting=20
> this matter to the Police.
>=20
> I do not believe it is suitable to discuss the rationale=20
> behind this publically.
>=20
> Tony

An offence ?  Maybe in some narrow legal definition, but I think our
Police have enough on their hands at the moment, without having to deal
with petty infighting on a mailing list.

tom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.=20
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.=20

Re: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ole_=D8yvind_Hove?= 11:27 on 28 Jul 2005

RE: Subscribing to CDBI-talk a punishable offense in the UK?
Thomas Leitch 11:16 on 28 Jul 2005