Re: [CDBI] Re: Class::DBI internal column swapping wierdness ?

From: William Ross
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Re: Class::DBI internal column swapping wierdness ?
Date: 15:53 on 29 Sep 2005
On 29 Sep 2005, at 16:41, Richard.Foley@xxxxxxxx.xx wrote:

> My base class simply sets up the DB connection, and has a few triggers
> for creation, update and deletion, and that's it.  There are no column
> or group relationships set up or assumed in any way.  All the
> behaviour
> (should) be defined in the child classes, as described.  I'm really
> not
> doing anything fancy here, but something is definitely biting.

Hm. It might possibly be to do with the triggers, I suppose, but
you've no trigger declarations in Att::Task, or anyway not in the
sample code.

I ask because there's a bug in cdbi that results in shared meta_info
if you declare similar class-level properties at more than one level
in the inheritance hierarchy. Relationships in later versions of cdbi
are essentially dispatched methods, and from your symptoms it sound
like your meta_info hash is getting stamped on, resulting in the
wrong call during retrieval of the related object.

I'm intrigued to see that a newly-retrieved object is well formed.
Can you identify a short sequence of operations that gives you a
broken one?

will

Re: [CDBI] Re: Class::DBI internal column swapping wierdness ?
William Ross 15:53 on 29 Sep 2005

Generated at 10:29 on 10 Oct 2005 by mariachi v0.52