Re: CDBI::Relationship::Glue ?

From: Yuval Kogman
Subject: Re: CDBI::Relationship::Glue ?
Date: 22:59 on 21 Jun 2004
--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 21:59:51 +0100, Tony Bowden wrote:

> Looks nice. As you suggest later I suspect "link" might be a better
> name, as this sort of thing is usually known as a "linking table".

Is there a way to say 'manymany' from the perspective of whatever's
between them?

There's also "lookup", and since it uses mapping, that's a non-standard
verb we might want to put in.

> Although, bear in mind that whatever you choose to call the method will
> prevent anyone using your module from ever having a column called
> that... so it should probably be something slightly more longwinded:
> links_together? provides_link? is_linking?

Hmm, i forgot about that. Good point =3D)

I like links_together, or defines_link. The former works better
verbally, giving you the purpose of the table instead of the implication
of it's existence, which is more in tune with declarative statements in
general, but the latter is more consistent with has_a and has_many,
IMHO. I don't know which I prefer yet... Anyone important feel like
vetoing?

> Go for it!

I'm working hard on that "I will do it later" thing I kept claiming I
will, so tomorrow ;-)

--=20
 ()  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@xxxxxxxx.xxx> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me wields bonsai kittens: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw--

(message missing)

CDBI::Relationship::Glue ?