Re: CDBI::Relationship::Glue ?

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: CDBI::Relationship::Glue ?
Date: 07:16 on 24 Jun 2004
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 02:19:40AM +0300, Yuval Kogman wrote:
> If it becomes common enough, people might rely on it. As long as it's
> not really going to be the interface when CDBI supports many to many
> with multiple foreign keys, and stuff like that, I don't think it's a
> good thing.

Who says it's not going to be the interface? It's the best solution I've
seen yet to the interface nightmare that is many-many relationships....

> Currently this module still fakes many to many, because CDBI still deals
> with many to many relationship as a programatic and recursive inflation
> of several relationships more than a type of relationship. Is this a
> good time to introduce meta data for something we don't yet offer?

That's really just an implementation detail. We can always refactor later
how the database calls are made without the user needing to know anthing
more about it (other than noticing how much faster everything becomes).

Tony

(message missing)

CDBI::Relationship::Glue ?
Yuval Kogman 20:45 on 21 Jun 2004