Re: mod_perl and global %Live_Objects not being initialized

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: mod_perl and global %Live_Objects not being initialized
Date: 08:24 on 19 Nov 2004
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 08:54:15PM -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> Regardless of whether there is a bug in there, I think we should change
> the behavior so that this feature defaults to OFF.  It's just causing
> too many problems for people because they have scoping bugs in their
> code that don't show up otherwise.  I can send in a patch for defaulting
> to off, a method to turn it on, and documentation to explain it, if Tony
> agrees it would be a good idea.

Sensible methods to turn it on and off, with the relevant tests and
docs, would be great.

I'm still undecided as to whether it should be on or off by default. I'm
still leaning towards leaving it on, but with the ability to show people
how to turn it off trivially if they're having issues, to see whether
that helps them.

Tony

(message missing)

Re: mod_perl and global %Live_Objects not being initialized
Tony Bowden 08:24 on 19 Nov 2004

Re: mod_perl and global %Live_Objects not being initialized
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 03:02 on 19 Nov 2004

Generated at 17:31 on 15 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52