Re: mod_perl and global %Live_Objects not being initialized

From: Tim Bunce
Subject: Re: mod_perl and global %Live_Objects not being initialized
Date: 11:04 on 19 Nov 2004
On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 08:24:55AM +0000, Tony Bowden wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 08:54:15PM -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > Regardless of whether there is a bug in there, I think we should change
> > the behavior so that this feature defaults to OFF.  It's just causing
> > too many problems for people because they have scoping bugs in their
> > code that don't show up otherwise.  I can send in a patch for defaulting
> > to off, a method to turn it on, and documentation to explain it, if Tony
> > agrees it would be a good idea.
>
> Sensible methods to turn it on and off, with the relevant tests and
> docs, would be great.
>
> I'm still undecided as to whether it should be on or off by default. I'm
> still leaning towards leaving it on, but with the ability to show people
> how to turn it off trivially if they're having issues, to see whether
> that helps them.

That's my preference.

I'll try (again) to get to working on this today.

Tim.

(message missing)

Re: mod_perl and global %Live_Objects not being initialized
Tim Bunce 11:04 on 19 Nov 2004

Re: mod_perl and global %Live_Objects not being initialized
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 03:02 on 19 Nov 2004

Generated at 17:31 on 15 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52