Re: might_have , has_many request

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: might_have , has_many request
Date: 23:39 on 01 Mar 2005
On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 02:51:38PM -0800, Peter Speltz wrote:
> Ok thanks. Any idea when next CDBI release could be?

At the current rate, probably 2008.

I'd be happier releasing what's currently there if some people could
try it out and assure me that the new half-implemented Attribute stuff
doesn't break their existing applications in the most horrific manner.

I'm really not confident enough in it yet, but don't have the time to
finish off the rest of it at the moment. About once every couple of
months I get enough time to do some serious hacking on it, and push
things forwards quite a bit, but that's mostly things that people here
are throwing at me, rather than the stuff I want to do myself.

I've thrown up a new developer release at
  http://www.tmtm.com/CPAN/Class-DBI-0.96_59.tar.gz

I'm not really happy with it yet. As well as the Attribute stuff that
worries me a little, I also need to sort out what's happening with SQLite
and the test suite.  I switched the test suite to use SQLite2 for a while
to cut out errors that I believe were caused by a bug in DBD::SQLite. I
think that's fixed now and probably need to revert that.

I also probably want to back out the SearchGenerator stuff that's in the
current version. It was another attempt to abstract this out that's
mostly turned out to be a failure, just like my previous attempts.
And the test suite currently uses

But if people can give it a test against some real code and tell me that
it all works fine, I'll make a decision on those fairly quickly and get
it out there.

That said, I don't see any real hurry to get out a new release. The
current release has proved to be impressively stable, and there are enough
hooks for people to have released plugins for lots of new functionality
that might otherwise have needed to get past the bottleneck of me...

Tony

(message missing)

might_have , has_many request
Peter Speltz 21:25 on 28 Feb 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Tony Bowden 22:08 on 28 Feb 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Peter Speltz 22:42 on 28 Feb 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Cees Hek 22:43 on 28 Feb 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Peter Speltz 23:24 on 28 Feb 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Tony Bowden 09:41 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Peter Speltz 18:21 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Tony Bowden 19:05 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Peter Speltz 19:27 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Tony Bowden 22:09 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Peter Speltz 22:51 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Tony Bowden 23:39 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: might_have , has_many request
Peter Speltz 01:45 on 05 Mar 2005

Generated at 20:12 on 07 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52