Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Date: 17:05 on 21 Jun 2004
On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 06:30:00PM +0300, Yuval Kogman wrote:
> ...but we're possibly inflating N objects to find something that
> although is equivalent, isn't exactly what we're after.

Good point. My goal was to be sure that I had a scalar value instead of
a reference.

> It hadn't occurred to me that nesting was easily a possibility, and I
> figured "what the heck, I don't care about a small performance hit". But
> this shouldn't go into CDBI itself, IMHO. id should simply get the
> literal values, instead of the deflated ones.

Yes, agreed. However, I don't see how that can be done without a map or
similar function to convert tables with multiple primary keys into
literal values.

> Note that retreiving $obj by giving $obj2 to retreive works. What's your
> opinion on this? Is $obj2 the identifier? is it canonical? is it
> something else? I'm not sure I know what my opinion is...

I understand what you mean by retrieving $obj by giving $obj2 if they
both share a key that contains the same value. I'm not sure what your
question is though. It seems to me that CDBI should only make sure it is
passing the literal values of whatever we give it when talking with DBI
(or DBIx::ContextualFetch).

William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

(message missing)

Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 11:40 on 19 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 13:19 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:06 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 15:14 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 15:23 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:07 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 15:30 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 15:37 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 16:12 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 16:33 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 21:47 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 08:34 on 26 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Takes Tea at Half Past Three 17:06 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:13 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 00:10 on 26 Jun 2004

RE: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
robert_creager 04:34 on 03 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:17 on 05 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Robert Creager 20:57 on 05 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Robert Creager 00:22 on 06 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:50 on 06 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:05 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 17:18 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:41 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 18:04 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 19:20 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 20:16 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:34 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 14:25 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 20:03 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 22:44 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 15:16 on 24 Oct 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:15 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:33 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 17:17 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 11:38 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 16:10 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 13:19 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:04 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 12:43 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 19:52 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 19:56 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:48 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:12 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 23:30 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:08 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 13:53 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:51 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:12 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 13:50 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:55 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 16:04 on 27 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 17:53 on 27 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:58 on 06 Jul 2004