Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Date: 07:08 on 24 Jun 2004
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 02:30:46AM +0300, Yuval Kogman wrote:
> The [hard] fix that Tony mentioned would allow the retrieval of data
> from the attribute without inflation - id() would simply use that value,
> instead of the inflated value in future versions.

It's not particularly hard - I'm just shorter on time than on smarts at
the minute... We've already done the hard part of making sure everything
goes through the _attr* methods. All that needs done now, really, is
to make _attribute_store() create Class::DBI::Attribute objects for the
raw data passed, and have _attrs() call $att->raw_value, or whatever on
it. There will be much more than can be done later to help get rid of a
lot of the other stuff in the internals that should really happen there
(knowing whether a value has changed since it was fetched becomes easier
when we can store that info in the attribute rather than an object wide
__Changed hash, dor example), but for now that's really all there is to it
(handwaving). The key part is first of just to replicate the current
behaviour (bugs and all) to prove that it works. Then we can fix this
bug, and flesh out the new behaviour.

If anyone wants to put together a simplistic version of it, I can polish
it off...

Tony

(message missing)

Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 11:40 on 19 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 13:19 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:06 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 15:14 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 15:23 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:07 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 15:30 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 15:37 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 16:12 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 16:33 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 21:47 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 08:34 on 26 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Takes Tea at Half Past Three 17:06 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:13 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 00:10 on 26 Jun 2004

RE: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
robert_creager 04:34 on 03 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:17 on 05 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Robert Creager 20:57 on 05 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Robert Creager 00:22 on 06 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:50 on 06 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:05 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 17:18 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:41 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 18:04 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 19:20 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 20:16 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:34 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 14:25 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 20:03 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 22:44 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 15:16 on 24 Oct 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:15 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:33 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 17:17 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 11:38 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 16:10 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 13:19 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:04 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 12:43 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 19:52 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 19:56 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:48 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:12 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 23:30 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:08 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 13:53 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:51 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:12 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 13:50 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:55 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 16:04 on 27 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 17:53 on 27 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:58 on 06 Jul 2004