Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug

From: Charles Bailey
Subject: Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Date: 15:23 on 21 Jun 2004
--On Monday, June 21, 2004 11:14 AM -0400 William McKee
<william@xxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> The basic problem is that when you have a multi-column primary key which
> has_a link, the code $self->id does not perform dereferencing. Here's
> the code that I have used in place of line 742 in DBI.pm to force the
> dereferencing (which prevents the bind errors from the DBD::Pg driver):
>
>    my @pk = $self->id;
>
>    # Map version
>    #my @pkscalar = map { if (ref $_) { $_->id; } else { $_ } }
>
>    # While version -- better support for embedded keys (I think)
>    my @pkscalar;
>    foreach my $key (@pk) {
>        while (ref $key) {
>            $key = $key->id;
>        }
>        push @pkscalar, $key;

Does it work if you just say C<@pkscalar = map { "$_" } @pk;> (i.e. let
CDBI's stringification overload take care of the dereferencing)?

--
Regards,
Charles Bailey  < bailey _at_ newman _dot_ upenn _dot_ edu >

(message missing)

Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 11:40 on 19 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 13:19 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:06 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 15:14 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 15:23 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:07 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 15:30 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 15:37 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 16:12 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 16:33 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 21:47 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 08:34 on 26 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Takes Tea at Half Past Three 17:06 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:13 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 00:10 on 26 Jun 2004

RE: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
robert_creager 04:34 on 03 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:17 on 05 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Robert Creager 20:57 on 05 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Robert Creager 00:22 on 06 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:50 on 06 Jul 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:05 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 17:18 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 17:41 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 18:04 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 19:20 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 20:16 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:34 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 14:25 on 21 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 20:03 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 22:44 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 15:16 on 24 Oct 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:15 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:33 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 17:17 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 11:38 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 16:10 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 13:19 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:04 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 12:43 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 19:52 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 19:56 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:48 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 22:12 on 23 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Yuval Kogman 23:30 on 22 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:08 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 13:53 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:51 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 07:12 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 13:50 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 14:55 on 24 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Tony Bowden 16:04 on 27 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
Charles Bailey 17:53 on 27 Jun 2004

Re: Need help with finding solution to CDBI bug
William McKee 12:58 on 06 Jul 2004