Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Date: 19:30 on 01 Apr 2005
On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:19:47PM -0500, Jim Brandt wrote:
> >Adding ContextualFetch will certainly provide some of the features that
> >Class::DBI needs, but it certainly won't provide the vast majority of
> >the features that most users of Class::DBI want...
> I was under the impression creating a db_Main() method this way did
> give you full Class::DBI functionality. But you're saying doing
> something like this:
> sub db_Main{
>    $dbh DBI->connect($dsn, $username, $password, {
>                    RaiseError                  => 1,
>                    AutoCommit                 => 0,
>                    PrintError                 => 0,
>                    RootClass                   => "DBIx::ContextualFetch",
>              });
>    return $dbh;
> }
> will limit the functionality of Class::DBI? So the 'connection' method
> is inherently superior because it does extra stuff?

No. This will be the same as connection(). The point was that just
having something use ContextualFetch doesn't give it all the Class::DBI
functionality.

You can use DBIx::ContextualFetch and even Ima::DBI without actually
using Class::DBI.

To get the benefit of Class::DBI you need to actually inherit from it.

Tony

(message missing)

using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Chris Winters 04:49 on 25 Mar 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Tony Bowden 10:42 on 25 Mar 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Chris Winters 15:00 on 25 Mar 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Perrin Harkins 19:03 on 04 Apr 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Tim Bunce 22:47 on 04 Apr 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Tony Bowden 23:03 on 04 Apr 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Juan Camacho 04:16 on 05 Apr 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 11:14 on 05 Apr 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Jim Brandt 17:19 on 01 Apr 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Tony Bowden 19:30 on 01 Apr 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Chris Winters 22:04 on 01 Apr 2005

Re: using DBI handles managed elsewhere
Perrin Harkins 03:30 on 05 Apr 2005

Generated at 14:42 on 11 Apr 2005 by mariachi v0.52