object caching and mod_perl

From: jason scott gessner
Subject: object caching and mod_perl
Date: 13:28 on 08 Jun 2004
Ok, so this bit me pretty hard last week.

I have a mason/mod_perl application running off of C::DBI objects for
my database.  All is well and good except that I start seeing old
results on different apache children and no queries for pages that I am
requesting in my mysql query log.

So i dig through the docs and find this new object caching.  Once I
added a call in my autohandler for mason (think dispatcher) to

PS::DBI->clear_object_index();

then my application can function normally.

So i have two questions.

1)	where is this type of caching useful?  I took a brief look at the
code and it seems that it does some sort of checking, but how does it
know when to kill an object?
2)	Should this new behaviour even be the default?  This took a working
application and made it all wonky.  Did any other people encounter
this?
3)	is there a better way to have this behave with mod_perl applications?

-jason scott gessner
     jason@xxxxxxxx.xxx

(message missing)

TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96
David Jack Olrik 08:54 on 08 Jun 2004

object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 13:28 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 13:46 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 14:02 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 14:11 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Edward J. Sabol 14:52 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 16:31 on 11 Jun 2004