Re: object caching and mod_perl

From: jason scott gessner
Subject: Re: object caching and mod_perl
Date: 16:31 on 11 Jun 2004
On Jun 8, 2004, at 9:52 AM, Edward J. Sabol wrote:
> Jason, I'd appreciate
> it if you could describe your "tricky" Mason inheritance thing that
> caused
> this problem, then I would know what to avoid, etc.

After looking at it, i wouldn't say my inheritance is too tricky, but
there is a scoping issue that was eluding me.

This is what I have

autohandler with a METHOD

|------	some scripts redefine this method.
|------some scripts that don't redefine this method

however, the scripts that redefine the method initialize their $app
objects (the one that was giving me scoping issues) in a shared section
so the objects would not need to be created twice.  For now, adding the
remove from cache code has solved my problem, but it is not the most
elegant thing around.

i think i just need to draw out the order things get executed in and
what their scopes are to clear my head on this.

-jason scott gessner
     jason@xxxxxxxx.xxx

(message missing)

TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96
David Jack Olrik 08:54 on 08 Jun 2004

object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 13:28 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 13:46 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 14:02 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 14:11 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Edward J. Sabol 14:52 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 16:31 on 11 Jun 2004