Re: TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96

From: Charles Bailey
Subject: Re: TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96
Date: 17:04 on 09 Jun 2004
--On Wednesday, June 9, 2004 12:22 PM +0200 David Jack Olrik
<david@xxxxx.xx> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2004, at 17:49, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>> I posted a patch on the list a couple of weeks ago that fixes this
>> problem by always adding any newly fetched data to the cached objects.
>> There was some concern about whether or not it was the right thing to
>> do
>> though.
>
> I would think that it would be the right thing to do, why else fetch the
> data again?

The problem is that if the data in core doesn't match that in the db, it
may mean that the object in core is being updated (but the update hasn't
been committed yet), in which case you don't want to overwrite the update
with what's in the db.  You could always check is_changed() to see if this
is the case (at the cost of more overhead for each fetch).

--
Regards,
Charles Bailey  < bailey _at_ newman _dot_ upenn _dot_ edu >

(message missing)

TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96
David Jack Olrik 08:54 on 08 Jun 2004

object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 13:28 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 13:46 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 14:02 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 14:11 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96
Charles Bailey 17:04 on 09 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Edward J. Sabol 14:52 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 16:31 on 11 Jun 2004