Re: TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96
Date: 15:49 on 08 Jun 2004
On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 05:46, David Jack Olrik wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2004, at 10:54, David Jack Olrik wrote:
> > Any idears as how to work around this ??
>
> I have found a solution! - By calling 'remove_from_object_index' on
> $self, the object will be fetched again. - One just have to remember
> that there are now 2 objects in memory representing the same entry in
> the database.

I posted a patch on the list a couple of weeks ago that fixes this
problem by always adding any newly fetched data to the cached objects.
There was some concern about whether or not it was the right thing to do
though.

There is a larger issue in my mind about whether or not TEMP columns
that can't be populated by a class' normal constructor are a good idea.
Maybe there is a cleaner approach to this kind of extra data gathering.
However, they are in the documentation right now, so we should try to
keep them working as expected.

- Perrin

(message missing)

TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96
David Jack Olrik 08:54 on 08 Jun 2004

object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 13:28 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 13:46 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 14:02 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 14:11 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: TEMP columns not populated by sth_to_objects in 0.96
Perrin Harkins 15:49 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
Edward J. Sabol 14:52 on 08 Jun 2004

Re: object caching and mod_perl
jason scott gessner 16:31 on 11 Jun 2004