Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility

From: Aaron Trevena
Subject: Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Date: 14:08 on 10 Jun 2005
On 6/9/05, Tony Bowden <tony-cdbitalk@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:06:27PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > What do you think, Tony?  Is this something you could include in
> > Ima::DBI, or do you want me to package it separately?
>=20
> I'm open to persuasion, but my gut feeling is that this would be better
> in a separate package. (Although ideally it would be an Ima::DBI::Plugin
> rather than a Class::DBI::Plugin). I'm certainly willing to refactor[1]
> Ima::DBI to make it easier to hook in with, if needs be.

Is there a good reason not to include this in Ima::DBI?=20

Given as Perrin said it will be transparent and without performance
loss to other users, it would seem wrong to have go-faster and
efficiency plugins, as it's yet another hurdle to usage. Having
Ima::DBI JustWorkFaster with mod_perl seems a no-brainer.
=20
> I'm also certainly willing to add documentation to Ima::DBI and/or
> Class::DBI to point to such a package.

So for people using Maypole, or any of the many applications that run
on top of CDBI, they would have to read the documentation in the
application referring to the CDBI documentation referring them to
another module, which they then need to read the documentation to
check it does what they want, and then install it.

No offense tony, but I reckon your gut is wrong on this. Plugins are
nice for extra's and new features rather than making CDBI do its job
better under the hood.

Cheers,

A.
A.

(message missing)

Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 19:06 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 19:19 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 20:23 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Aaron Trevena 14:08 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 16:58 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Rhesa Rozendaal 19:43 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 20:00 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Sebastian Riedel 20:35 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 08:48 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Carl Johnstone 13:07 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Michael Peters 17:12 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 22:52 on 17 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 18:03 on 24 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 16:03 on 28 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 20:36 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:45 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:27 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Rhesa Rozendaal 19:44 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 20:26 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Hartmaier Alexander 07:29 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:24 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Drew Taylor 14:45 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Edward J. Sabol 17:52 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
William Ross 18:12 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 18:39 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Edward J. Sabol 18:45 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Jason Gessner 19:09 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:31 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Michael Peters 20:13 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Hartmaier Alexander 16:42 on 28 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 18:54 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 19:27 on 10 Jun 2005