Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Date: 16:58 on 10 Jun 2005
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 03:08:53PM +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> Is there a good reason not to include this in Ima::DBI?

a) It's not core functionality - it's purely situational.
b) I don't really understand the issues, so I'm the wrong person to
maintain it.

> So for people using Maypole, or any of the many applications that run
> on top of CDBI, they would have to read the documentation in the
> application referring to the CDBI documentation referring them to
> another module, which they then need to read the documentation to
> check it does what they want, and then install it.

I've been having this very discussion recently with Jon Udell
 (see http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/06/01/23OPstrategic_1.html)

But I don't see this as an issue in this case. Here I'd expect Maypole
(or whatever) to DTRT for the user and hide it all, just as they already
hide most of this stuff for people.

> No offense tony, but I reckon your gut is wrong on this.

It may well be. As I said I'm open to argument on it.

Tony

[1] I'm not claiming that Ima::DBI is, by any stretch of the
imagination, good OO design. I'd just prefer to make it better rather
than worse!

(message missing)

Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 19:06 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 19:19 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 20:23 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Aaron Trevena 14:08 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 16:58 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Rhesa Rozendaal 19:43 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 20:00 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Sebastian Riedel 20:35 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 08:48 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Carl Johnstone 13:07 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Michael Peters 17:12 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 22:52 on 17 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 18:03 on 24 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 16:03 on 28 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 20:36 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:45 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:27 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Rhesa Rozendaal 19:44 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 20:26 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Hartmaier Alexander 07:29 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:24 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Drew Taylor 14:45 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Edward J. Sabol 17:52 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
William Ross 18:12 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 18:39 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Edward J. Sabol 18:45 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Jason Gessner 19:09 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:31 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Michael Peters 20:13 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Hartmaier Alexander 16:42 on 28 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 18:54 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 19:27 on 10 Jun 2005