Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility

From: Michael Peters
Subject: Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Date: 17:12 on 16 Jun 2005
Carl Johnstone wrote:
>> Also, my knowledge of how DBI deals with
>> forking continues to evolve, and there may be a nicer way to deal with
>> this (or maybe the ping check in Ima::DBI should deal with it), but the
>> approach in this patch solves the known issues now, and can be improved
>> later if we find a better way.
>

> The problem here isn't necessarily a mod_perl problem - it's just that
> mod_perl is the most common environment where Class::DBI is in use and
> forking takes place. So do we need to approach this from a what does
> Ima::DBI do when a process forks?

While this would fix part of the problem, it still wouldn't address all
of the issues that Perrin has brought up. Mainly, it wouldn't fix the
transaction rollback on horrible code death, which is huge win for a
mod_perl application.

        --
        Michael Peters
Developer

(message missing)

Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 19:06 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 19:19 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 20:23 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Aaron Trevena 14:08 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 16:58 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Rhesa Rozendaal 19:43 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 20:00 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Sebastian Riedel 20:35 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 08:48 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Carl Johnstone 13:07 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Michael Peters 17:12 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 22:52 on 17 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 18:03 on 24 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 16:03 on 28 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 20:36 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:45 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:27 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Rhesa Rozendaal 19:44 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 20:26 on 09 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Hartmaier Alexander 07:29 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:24 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Drew Taylor 14:45 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Edward J. Sabol 17:52 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
William Ross 18:12 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 18:39 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Edward J. Sabol 18:45 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Jason Gessner 19:09 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Perrin Harkins 00:31 on 16 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Michael Peters 20:13 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Hartmaier Alexander 16:42 on 28 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 18:54 on 10 Jun 2005

Re: Ima::DBI patch for mod_perl compatibility
Tony Bowden 19:27 on 10 Jun 2005