Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Date: 16:28 on 01 Sep 2004
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:09:31PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 11:53, William McKee wrote:
> > Hmmm, that's a bummer. Have you tried calling
> > remove_from_object_index()? From the posts I've read, Perrin maintains
> > that it should not be needed unless your CDBI setup is wrong. However,
> > I've found that it helps in some situations where I've seen data
> > sticking around.
>
> It usually has to do with scoping problems in people's perl code, rather
> than mistakes in CDBI configuration.  The object index doesn't modify
> scoping, but sometimes people don't realize that they are keeping copies
> of objects in memory.

Seeing as you just opened my eyes regarding in-memory copies, I suspect
that's where my problems have been. What's the appropriate solution when
you find this problems? Undef the original object and reload it?

William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

(message missing)

Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Peter Pimley 10:02 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:09 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
William McKee 16:28 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 15:32 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:33 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 17:03 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:42 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 15:06 on 02 Sep 2004