Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Date: 15:53 on 01 Sep 2004
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 04:15:44PM +0100, Peter Pimley wrote:
> Well, I've restructured my tables to avoid setting the value to undef,

Why did you do that? Part of tracking down the bug or has your design
changed?

> but my problem still happens (my web server returns data that is no
> longer in the database, spooky!)

Hmmm, that's a bummer. Have you tried calling
remove_from_object_index()? From the posts I've read, Perrin maintains
that it should not be needed unless your CDBI setup is wrong. However,
I've found that it helps in some situations where I've seen data
sticking around.

> I think the bug must lie elsewhere in my apache/mod_perl/mason/CDBI
> setup.  Oh well, more debugging tommorow then :(

I hope you've got some good tests written to help you debug. I've been
using Apache::Test with good success.

Good luck!
William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

(message missing)

Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Peter Pimley 10:02 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
William McKee 15:53 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:09 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 15:32 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:33 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 17:03 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:42 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 15:06 on 02 Sep 2004