Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Date: 16:09 on 01 Sep 2004
On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 11:53, William McKee wrote:
> Hmmm, that's a bummer. Have you tried calling
> remove_from_object_index()? From the posts I've read, Perrin maintains
> that it should not be needed unless your CDBI setup is wrong. However,
> I've found that it helps in some situations where I've seen data
> sticking around.

It usually has to do with scoping problems in people's perl code, rather
than mistakes in CDBI configuration.  The object index doesn't modify
scoping, but sometimes people don't realize that they are keeping copies
of objects in memory.

- Perrin

(message missing)

Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Peter Pimley 10:02 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:09 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 15:32 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:33 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 17:03 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 16:42 on 01 Sep 2004

Re: Deleting an object on the other side of a has_a
Perrin Harkins 15:06 on 02 Sep 2004