Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"

From: Sebastian Riedel
Subject: Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Date: 17:24 on 25 Jul 2005
Am 25.07.2005 um 19:09 schrieb Tyler Rorabaugh:

> Pardon me for stating this but the Root of CPAN having multiple sets
> of modules that do the same thing is the fact that rather than
> refactoring old code we as perl programmers are lazy and tend to just
> write new code. My concern about this discussion is if there is
> something thats going to replace something else then it must be done
> over time.

I so disagree, we Perl programmers have thanks to CPAN the highest
amount of code reuse.
Next to that, Tony is against refactoring, he wants to keep the API
compatible (what i absolutely understand).
And nothing against reinventing wheels, as long as you make better
ones! ;)

It may be no surprise, but i'm a friend of forks, imo they accelerate
evolution.

> Just curious but why not create a sub class of Class::DBI and overide
> the existing base methods......

We tried it (see Class::DBI::Sweet), but the problem is the core,
just look into DBIx::Class, it's a beauty.

--
sebastian

(message missing)

Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Sebastian Riedel 17:24 on 25 Jul 2005

Delegation vs Hooks (was: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out")
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 23:27 on 26 Jul 2005