Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Date: 17:07 on 26 Jul 2005
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 17:59 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> It isn't really a module in its own right, just a "standard recipe" for
> composing a set of DBIx::Class components for use in an application. If
> you want to do something different, all you have to provide is a class
> called My::DBIC::SQL::Abstract which includes a suitable sub _cond_resolve,
> and then create your own recipe

Apache::Session tried to do things this way, and I'd say it didn't work
out very well.  People didn't understand it, and eventually things like
Apache::Session::Flex showed up to replace it.

The biggest downside, IMO, is the "some assembly required" aspect of it.
It's much easier to provide a SQL generating plugin that calls some
accessor for setting the SQL generator than it is to provide enough
documentation for everyone to understand how to make their own subclass
and add the plugin to it.

- Perrin

(message missing)

Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Perrin Harkins 17:07 on 26 Jul 2005

Delegation vs Hooks (was: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out")
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 23:27 on 26 Jul 2005